Womanity (Thierry Mugler)


By Dane

Oh Mugler, what has become of you? Angel was genius, A*Men a step forward in men's fragrance, Cologne, a new standard for freshness, and even your upscale Miroir line a solid attempt at keeping up with Chanel and Hermes. Then came Alien...a good effort, but not quite the magic that Angel possessed. And now this...Womanity...the name pains me to type.

Housed in what I can honestly say is the worst bottle I've ever encountered...Grace Jones meets Tomb Raider. Womanity is essentially the canned fruit idea of Angel prepared à la figue. I'm apparently supposed to be smelling caviar (who wants to smell like fish?), but instead, am given a sad oceanic accord in place of Angel's patchouli. To top off that mess, they've turned the volume up to 11, just so everyone knows you're in the room.

At first sniff, Womanity (sigh) is intriguing. It should be, it's a good chunk of Angel. I'll admit that even the fig that follows has some appeal. In the end though, it's a flat, been-there-done-that rehash that should have been a flanker called Un Angel au Mediteranee.

Year: 2010
Perfumer: Fabrice Pellegrin et. al

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.