
By Dane
First off, why does Prada use French spellings in their fragrance names? Shouldn't it be Infusione di Tuberosa, etc.? Just an observation.
I admit I'm a fan of the original Infusion d'Iris. No, it's not groundbreaking or natural smelling in the least, but I still like it. The follow-up Infusion d'Homme (how does one infuse a man anyway?) was an awful, soapy affair, only to be topped by the even more awful and soapy Infusion de Fleur d'Oranger.
Now we find ourselves with vetiver and tuberose...two favourite ingredients of mine. I was especially looking forward to seeing what Prada could do with vetiver, and naturally, it was the bigger disappointment of the two. Instead of vetiver (too expensive these days?), you're left with an acrid, synthetic grapefruit. Basically Terre d'Hermes diluted.
The tuberose is pretty much exactly what you'd think it would be...a drop of Fracas in a tub of alcohol. For those of us who may find Fracas et. al a bit on the strong side, this might be a suitable option. I still prefer something like Lauder's Tuberose Gardenia, but nothing wrong with this one and its cutesy packaging.
Infusion de Tubereuse
Year: 2010
Perfumer: Daniela Andrier
Notes: Indian tuberose, petitgrain bigararde, Italian blood orange and dynamone
Infusion de Vetiver
Year: 2010
Perfumer: Daniela Andrier
Notes: Tarragon, vetiver, Madagascan pepper and purple ginger
I have to admit the Infusion de Tubereuse is growing on me. I find it like watered down Infusion de Fleurs d'Oranger with gentle tuberose added. Like Jo Malone meets Prada (your worst nightmare?lol). Thinking it would be very nice in our hot humid summers.
ReplyDeleteLauder's Tuberose Gardenia is a winner and a completely different scent masterfully composed, smells realistic to the bone, and it is delicate yet powerful at the same time
ReplyDelete:)
despite the 'Tubereuse' allusion, just want to tell I see no connection between the two scents (neither Dane, I assume ...?).
I agree with the 'a drop of Fracas in a tub of alcohol' sentence, that's the point :)
This Infusion de Tubereuse smells 'watered-down rotting tuberose' -very nasty to me- : in short, synthetic is the proper term, I believe.
Hey people, what Prada they are intending to do...? Infusion de Fleurs d'Oranger was perfume for perfume haters... Now's the turn of a nonspecific and failed 'cheap/copycat.potion'. What'll be next? I'm seriously scared about Prada....brbrbr
I don't think this is something you can be charmed by, really... I wouldn't reccomend it to my worst enemy!
XD
excuse me, just a strong opinion.