Sandalo (Etro)


By Thomas

Normally, Sandalwood is one of those scents that induces yawning – for me, at least. I wish I could say something better about it: there are too many people whose opinions I respect who loooove their sandalwood. Don’t get me wrong: it’s nice…but nice just doesn’t always carry the day for me.

So you won’t be too shocked to hear that I’ve had this sample of Etro Sandalo in the bottom of my drawer for a while now, and of course I’ve never touched it. In my mind, it was contradiction in a small vial: Etro has a few clear winners in my book, but at the same time…it’s sandalwood. How good could Etro make a sandalwood scent?

It turns out: they’ve done well with it.

There’s not much development here, but that’s fine with me. Sandalo opens with Sandalwood, amber for depth, and a gently raspy myrrh. The resinous myrrh is pretty well what makes this work for me: Sandalwood + amber just wouldn’t have had enough going on to hold my interest.

These notes continue on for hours, still interesting, still well-balanced. Quite discreet, not much throw but good longevity: it was still on my wrist well into the evening. I think we have a winner here.

Year: 1989
Notes: Orange, Rose, Lemon, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Lavender, Cedar, Amber, Musk, Myrrh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.