Portrait of a Lady (Frederic Malle)


By Dane
I can only comment on the press blurb:

"After hundreds of trials needed to balance such an excessive formula...a rare symphonic perfume appeared: a new oriental rose..."

Really? Huh.

I was under the impression that Montale, amongst several others, had successfully perfected this "rare symphony" some time ago. And with no doubt fewer trials.

Too little, too late.

Year: 2010
Perfumer: Dominique Ropion
Notes: Turkish rose, benzoin, cinnamon, sandalwood, patchouli, musk, frankincense, red berries, spice accord

1 comment:

  1. Yikes!
    Yea hath damned Frédéric Malle with four words.
    After Une Rose, one either does something along the lines of L'Ombre Dans L'Eau or Parfum Sacre... break down a particular facet of rose's facade into an extended rhyme.

    My reaction is mostly neutral to this creation by Mr Ropion. Now, how can one say anything bad about a man who brought forth 'Une Fleur de Cassie', 'Carnal Flower' and 'Lalique le Parfum'. I think they ensure him sanctuary from any critic out there.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.