
By Dane
Chocolate. We all (mostly) love eating it, but when it comes to fine fragrance, chocolate notes can read as...low-budget. I once had the pleasure of smelling cocoa absolute, and it was a marvellously decadent smell that at once changed my mind about the note. Since then, some of my favourite scents have turned out to have a chocolate note - Missoni, Angel, and most recently, 100% Love.
S-Perfume is a fascinating little outfit that released the minimalist and contradictory aquatic leather, S-ex, so being familiar with that, I wasn't expecting 100% Love to be so...opulent. The topnotes are a flurry of juicy berries and the aforementioned chocolate. Something that captures me every time I wear it is the peculiar steaminess of it...as if someone was cooking the ingredients on the stove. Strangely edible, yet kept within the realms of perfumery by the addition of Sophia Grojsman's signature rose. The accord is both primitively childish and seductively elegant at the same time.
I admit that 100% Love is a bit of a one-liner...not much progression, very much an in-your-face love/hate scent (Andrew being on the hate-team), but I happen to adore it. If you live outside the US, S-Perfume now sells their scents in convenient 15ml bottle...I almost wish it came in a 15-litre bottle so I would never be without.
Year: 2003
Perfumer: Sophia Grojsman
Notes: Red Fruit, Rose, Incense, Black Cacao
"Primitively childish and seductively elegant".... oh, well said, Dane! A lot of Madame Grojsman's perfumes have a certain signature-scent nuance which can only be described as a 'maternal accord' in perfumery. And that is how audience is supposed to perceive them; an odd comfort, which you seek, without even realizing why you want it.
ReplyDeleteNow, only if I could convince myself to walk around with such emotional drama.(grin)
Ash - definitely a creature of comfort this one is. I crave it!
ReplyDelete