Eau de Gentiane Blanche (Hermes)


By Dane
I half-ass-reviewed this before with a one-liner...probably something to do with it being a vegetal floral, which it is. Having tried it again, I think it merits a full review.

The topnote for this one can only be described as...strange. I can't say it's all that pleasant, but boring, it is not. Cold, rooty...with a side of wet potting soil. What follows is no less bizarre. Closest description I can think of would be green peppers...or any other type of unripened pepper. The drydown adds another unusual layer with a ripe orange effect. It's almost like the whole compositions had been turned on its head and progresses in reverse.

Lasting power is actually excellent, the price is right, and the packaging perfectly fitting to the scent. Not miles away from Paprika Brasil, but more avante-garde and ultimately more difficult to wear. Still...points for going against the grain, especially in a marketed Eau de Cologne.

Year: 2009
Perfumer: Jean-Claude Ellena
Notes: Gentiana, Musk, Iris, Incense

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.