Un Matin d'Orage (Annick Goutal)


By Dane

I usually try to think of at least one positive thing to say about any give scent...I don't think I can come up with anything for this one.

Apparently I'm supposed to be smelling gardenia. But as with Goutal's other gardenia (Gardenia Passion), I do not. At least GP attempts to smell of gardenia by substituting with tuberose (not miles away). Un Matin d'Orage instead uses a sad, chemical fig-leaf.

Starts off sheer and even verges on likable for a few minutes, then grows stronger and more synthetic as time goes on. Scary. Even the preciousness of the bottle nauseates me.

I guess the one nice I can say is that at least they didn't bother listing gardenia in the notes. Honestly counts for something, right?

Year: 2009
Perfumer: Isabelle Doyen
Notes: Sicilian lemon, green perilla leaves, ginger, magnolia, jasmine Sambac, Indonesian champaca

1 comment:

  1. Funny I was just reading TheNonBlonde's review of Matin d'Orage....I love this in the same way I love La Chasse aux Papillons....although you do seem to hate MdO more every time you try it lol. There is something about the AG bases that really rub you the wrong way!

    ...I bet I would love Matin d'Orage even more in the gorgeous heat we are having today.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.