Week-end a Deaville (Parfums de Nicolai)


By Dane

Let me first say that you probably won't come across this in-store...I believe it's limited edition or PdN-boutique-only....I can't even seem to find it on PdN's website. Either way, it's allegedly a "fresh floral", and was released with another like-minded scent called Violette in Love.

Now the good news - you won't have to hunt down a bottle, because it's crap (literally)! I'm all for a good indolic floral, heck, I'll even wear Muscs Koublai Khan without worrying of fecal-incontinence rumours, but this one's gone too far and frankly, just smells like shit.

I'm assuming that to ramp up the "properly indolic" threshold, a combination of stinky white flowers, soapy-yet-rank musks, and maybe even a hint of Skatol were added to this poopy nightmare. I have no idea if it was an accident or for some reason intentional, but alas, I pray I never encounter anyone who smells of this (from the perfume or naturally).

Run, don't walk. Away that is.

Year: 2009
Perfumer: Patricia de Nicolai
Notes: Bergamot, petitgrain, galbanum, white floral bouquet, pepper, pink pepper, clove, oakmoss and styrax

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.