Vie de Chateau (Parfums de Nicolai)


By Dane

Yet another PdN scent that completely left me cold, only to draw me in and capture me later. Yes, that's an eloquent way of saying I'm once again putting my foot in my mouth.

What I previously said of Vie de Chateau: "is there such thing as a Juicy Fruit candle? If so, it smells like someone just blew it out." Although that still remains relevant, I have to say that I'm quite fond of this strange confection Patricia de Nicolai has concocted.

VdC has the same tutti-frutti opening that many of her compositions have...not quite citrus, not quite tropical, but somewhere in between. What follows is more in-depth and complex, but still refreshing and breezy somehow. A touch of hay, some resins, and a soft oakmoss. Intentionally simple and yet still thoroughly satisfying. Although hidden in the "Eaux Fraiches" series, this is easily one of Nicolai's best.

Year: 1991
Perfumer: Patricia de Nicolai
Year: Grapefruit, Grass, Oakmoss, Hay, Tobacco

Special thanks to N. for the bottle!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.