
by Mark
The first time I tried this on at a counter, the saffron threw me. Saffron in fragrance has always been problematic for me.
I put that first experience aside and tried again some weeks later. This time, thyme alongside the saffron. Should have been called Tuscan Kitchen, I mused.
After a little while, a curious jammy accord surfaced; the raspberry.
Next event, the raspberry goes away and the thyme and saffron become drier and more prominent; it's a lot like having your face in a spice rack. One might wonder, where is the leather in this?
After several hours, the leather slowly rises up under the vegetation - and that's it, development seems to stop.
I actually like this best the next day, after a shower; that is when the leather finally becomes dominant over the thyme. I have not noticed longevity like this in the other Tom Ford Private Blends I've tried; this stuff sticks around.
Tuscan Leather is unusual in how slowly and gradually the development proceeds. I also find the Tuscan spices and leather combination unique. I complained that Arabian Wood was neither striking nor original; this is both. It's still not my cup of pasta e fagioli; too much saffron. But I admire it.
Year: 2007
Notes: Saffron, Raspberry, Thyme; Olibanum, Night Blooming Jasmine; Leather, Black Suede and Amberwood.
I put that first experience aside and tried again some weeks later. This time, thyme alongside the saffron. Should have been called Tuscan Kitchen, I mused.
After a little while, a curious jammy accord surfaced; the raspberry.
Next event, the raspberry goes away and the thyme and saffron become drier and more prominent; it's a lot like having your face in a spice rack. One might wonder, where is the leather in this?
After several hours, the leather slowly rises up under the vegetation - and that's it, development seems to stop.
I actually like this best the next day, after a shower; that is when the leather finally becomes dominant over the thyme. I have not noticed longevity like this in the other Tom Ford Private Blends I've tried; this stuff sticks around.
Tuscan Leather is unusual in how slowly and gradually the development proceeds. I also find the Tuscan spices and leather combination unique. I complained that Arabian Wood was neither striking nor original; this is both. It's still not my cup of pasta e fagioli; too much saffron. But I admire it.
Year: 2007
Notes: Saffron, Raspberry, Thyme; Olibanum, Night Blooming Jasmine; Leather, Black Suede and Amberwood.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.