Arabian Wood (Tom Ford)


image from freemanssportingclub.com

review by Mark


My first impression of Arabian Wood was a big blast of bitter green galbanum that screamed Bandit! It's back! Could it be? I didn't dare to hope.

When the shockwave receded, which was too soon, the fragrance had mysteriously transformed into a sweet powdery floral that called to mind the little carved soaps in my mother's guest bathroom, appropriately known as "the powder room". How schizo, I thought.

The sweetness abates after awhile, leaving a vaguely familiar, comforting male-powdery-woody fragrance, very old school.

Over time, this gradually faded into a spicy-soapy accord, again, very classic male fragrance.

This is quietly competent and well-made, but not too striking or original. I wish the Bandit opening had stuck around longer.

Year: 2009
Notes: Lavender, Bulgarian rose, Freesia, Orange blossom, Galbanum, Bergamot, Rose de mai, Ylang ylang, Rose absolute, Jasmine, Gardenia, Honey, Orris, Patchouli, Cedar, Oak moss, Sandalwood, Tonka bean and Amber. (via nowsmellthis)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.