
by Mark
I have been meaning to investigate Passage d'Enfer for quite a while; incense is one of my favorite fragrance categories, and Timbuktu and Dzongkha are both impressive representatives, so I figured another incense frag from L'Artisan could only be good.
Olivia Giacobetti is not Bertrand Duchaufour, though, and her approach is quite different. Where Duchaufour takes me to sparse, dusty, lonely landscapes, Giacobetti's realm is more like a garden, carefully tended, with flowers instead of tumbleweeds. Never loud, quietly beautiful.
The first thing I notice is flowers, white ones. I have a tenuous relationship with white florals; they can easily become cloying, but it is a cloyingness that I sometimes find perversely pleasurable. Here I confess they interfere with my ability to detect the incense.
It's there, though, underneath, and sometimes peeks through like the sun behind a shifting cloudbank.
That's about it. White flowers and incense. It actually seems a little schizophrenic to me. It's nice, but I don't see myself wearing it often.
Perfumer: Olivia Giacobetti
Year: 1999
Notes: Lily, Aloe wood, Frankincense, Benzoin and White musk
Post a Comment
PdE is beautiful perfume, before testing it, I could not imagine the combination of Lily+Frankincense+Musk. But now, I know it is absolutelly lovely and I like it very much. The longevity is also O.K. for this unique perfume. Congratulation Olivia Giacobetti. Sylva from the Czech Republic
ReplyDelete