
By Dane
Yet another weird and wonderful offering from the peculiar outfit that is Etat Libre d'Orange. Out of the three scents I chose to own from their collection, this is one of them (can you guess the other two?). Like Jasmine et Cigarette, Encens et Bubblegum plays on contradiction - taking two completely random elements, throwing them in the pot, and seeing how the stew turns out.
E&C baffled me at first. It was the trashiest, most adolescent pink scent I had ever smelled. Slowly I realized that it was nothing of the sort (well, the pink still applies). It is, in fact, a lovely resinous floral with fruity accents and a touch of musk. The bubblegum effect is due in part to a sweet orange blossom note, and in combination with a raspy, soft incense, creates an accord that lingers throughout the life of the scent. All in all, it's rather linear in nature, starting a bit juicier and ending a bit drier, but the unique nature of this strange concoction seems to work.
As it stands, E&C is more bubblegum than incense, and I have a feeling it was intended to wear that way, but curiosity might get the best of me to see what would happen if a little Avignon made it's way into the picture.
Side note - non-lovers of leather might take notice that this is one of the few scents in the Etat collection that does not include it.
Year: 2006
Perfumer: Antoine Maisondieu
Notes: Peach, Raspberry, Vanilla, Muguet, Orange Blossom, Musk, Incense, Incense Resin
Post a Comment
I find this one dissonant. There's a fruity note which is not bad and another, dying flower note, which I don't, but I can smell them separately at the same time, if you know what I mean.
ReplyDelete