Cannabis Santal (Fresh)


By Dane

Cannabis Santal lacks the interesting aspects of Cannabis Rose, but most (including me) would find it much more wearable. The strange thing is that I don't really smell cannabis or sandalwood, at least not as the main players.

CS opens with a peculiar and not entirely pleasant accord of citrus and fruit. From there a sweet, woody note (I guess that's supposed to be the sandalwood...but it's not) takes over and although much nicer than the opening, is fairly generic and dull. I suppose the cannabis aspects are most prominent in the drydown, where an herbal twist on a sweet vanilla-musk makes things a bit more interesting. Cannabis Rose had a much more dynamic and natural smelling accord with distinct notes, and although it smelled more like a candle than a perfume, is still my top pick from Fresh.

Not bad. Not good either...but not bad. It appears as though CS was marketed towards men, but I have a feeling women would be more apt to purchase it for themselves than as a gift for the hubby.

It should also be noted that natural Indian sandalwood is very rare in fragrances today due to over-harvesting/ government restriction, so Fresh isn't entirely to blame for their signature sandalwood scent not smelling much like it should.

Year: 2006
Notes: Bergamot, Brazilian Orange, Black Plum, Patchouli, Cannabis Accord, Rose, Chocolate, Vetiver, Vanilla Musks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.